Philips TUV T8 Xtra lamps are double-ended UVC (germicidal) lamps used in professional water and air disinfection units.
Thanks to the unique X-technology TUV T8 Xtra lamps even double the life of conventional types.
This extra long and reliable lifetime is even up to 36,000 hours when the lamps are operated on HF Gear. As a result these lamps need to be replaced less often, significantly reducing cost and disruption.
Thanks to the reliable lifetime, maintenance can be planned in advance.
Main Applications of Philips TUV T8 Xtra:
- Air disinfection systems in professional applications such as universities, hospitals, jails and laboratories
- Upper air and whole room disinfection equipment in hospitals, intensive care units and surgery rooms
- Areas where absolute security of effective disinfection is crucial data
- Areas where maintenance costs are high (e.g. high ceilings, difficult access) and/or disruptive costs are high (e.g. areas like operating theatres where lamp failure is unacceptable for safety reasons
- Short-wave UV radiation with a peak at 253.7 nm (UVC) for disinfection purposes
- Protective inside coating ensures constant UV output over the complete lifetime of the lamp
- Long lifetime of 36,000 hours* (double the life of conventional types) thanks to unique X-technology
- High reliability with the lowest percentage of lamps that fail prematurely in the market (90% of all lamps still operate on full output and quality after 30,000 hours*)
- Special lamp glass filters out the 185 nm ozone-forming radiation
- High Output versions available for optimum UVC output per lamp length, allowing for reduction of system size
- Warning sign on lamp indicates that the lamp radiates UVC* based on operation on a Philips electronic driver
- Security of effective disinfection over the useful lifetime of the lamp
- Reduction of maintenance costs and disruption thanks to doubled lifetime
- Maintenance can be planned in advance, virtually eliminating the need for expensive spot replacement of prematurely failed lamps
- High system efficacy because it is not required to over-design the purification system to maintain effectiveness of disinfection
- Good environmental choice because of lowest amount of mercury
- Directly replaces conventional T8 lamps, so it is not required to modify the system to enjoy the benefits
Philips TUV T8 Xtra Technical Data:
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.